Position: ACNO Associate Chief Nursing Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Salary: Starts at $185,000 annual salary
Hiring Organization: 800+Bed Non-Profit Academic Medical Center
Expanding teaching hospital seeks an ACNO to join their transformational executive team and lead the inpatient nursing service line.
As the hospital’s ACNO for inpatient services, the Nurse Executive will play a critical role in driving strategy to improve core measures, quality outcomes, patient care, nurse retention, and service line growth.
The ACNO will support the vision, mission, and goals of the entire health system and work with the Hospital’s VP Patient Care Services, CNO, to deliver the highest quality of patient-centered care possible.
An expert in change management, the ideal ACNO must have an MSN and demonstrated “Best in Class” leadership practices. This incoming ACNO would ideally possess a high level of emotional intelligence, perseverance, and accountability to navigate and advance nursing excellence within the organization.
Responsibilities of the ACNO Associate Chief Nursing Officer:
- Assists the CNO in executive-level management of resources, strategic planning, and development of policies and procedures that align with the mission and vision of the health system
- Participates in hospital-wide strategic planning and is responsible for developing nursing strategic plans and budgets as approved by the CNO
- Plan, develop and direct the implementation of service area initiatives within designated service lines
- Directs budget management, resource allocation, and implements strategies to improve quality and safety of care and service
- Provides leadership, direction, and administration for all Inpatient Departments
- Evaluate current nursing practices and procedures to make recommendations for departmental improvements
- Complies with all regulatory agencies and compliance standards while promoting innovation and improvement in the delivery of nursing care
- Collaborates with providers to facilitate best care and integration of best practice standards while fostering teamwork
- Assumes 24-hour responsibility, authority, and accountability for patient care activities and service operation
Requirements for the ACNO Associate Chief Nursing Officer:
- MSN Master’s Degree in Nursing REQUIRED
- Thorough knowledge of Joint Commission, CMS, OSHA, and state and federal regulatory requirements required.
- 5+ years of executive nursing leadership experience, director-level and above
- Current RN Nursing license in the state of New York
- Strong commitment to evidence-based nursing practice, the nursing profession, and to involvement in professional activities
- Certification in Nursing Executive Practice (NE-BC, NEA-BC or CENP), preferred
Why You’ll Love It:
- A real opportunity to make a significant impact within the hospital system and patient care
- Impressive benefits—health insurance, dental, vacation, PTO
- Fantastic Physician collaboration
- Commutable from Manhattan and NJ