Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER
Refer a Friend
This job listing is not currently accepting applications.
Position: Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Miami, FL
Salary: Competitive Salary + Full Suite of Benefits
Hiring Organization: 300+ Bed Non-Profit Healthcare System
Press Ganey Pinnacle of Excellence Hospital is Hiring a Motivated ER RN
This Daisy award-winning hospital is seeking an RN based in the ER. The ideal RN candidate is passionate about pediatric emergency care and can work in high-acuity environments. The nursing staff in the ED and Level 1 Trauma center manages over 100,000 patient cases annually. The ER registered nurse will maintain a positive work environment within the 65+ bed department.
As a Magnet-designated healthcare system, the hospital and emergency department ED care for pediatric patients with various cases involving anaphylaxis, head and spine trauma, IgE-mediated Food Allergies, phimosis/paraphimosis, thrombosis, etc. The Registered Nurse in the Emergency Room needs to effectively communicate with pediatric patients and their families about the evidence-based care and their health status. This emergency room RN must work with attending staff to achieve optimal levels of health for their patients.
Responsibilities for the Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER:
Requirements for the Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER:
- Assess patient's health status with cases involving anaphylaxis, head, and spine trauma, IgE-mediated Food Allergies, phimosis/paraphimosis, thrombosis, etc
- Perform in clinic IVs, vital assessment, and med administration as needed
- Partner with emergency medicine physicians, pediatricians, and APP to develop patient care plans
- Collaborate with APPs to ensure fluid patient flow and appropriate unit assignments for high acuity patients
- Efficiently care for patients with different statuses such as ventilators, post-cardiac arrest, post-trauma, etc
- Monitor progress, report status to attending physicians, and administer medications as necessary
- Document accurate patient health records through emergency room EMR
- Compassionately educate and communicate with patients and families
- Achieve patient-focused care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation
- Collaborate well with nursing team and leadership and participate in shift rotations as needed
Why You'll Love It:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing; BSN Nursing Degree is a plus
- Current RN license in the state of Florida
- BLS/CPR, PALS, and CPI certifications required
- 1+ years experience in the emergency room, and critical care, such as ICU/CCU setting required
- 1+ of pediatric emergency room nursing experience is strongly preferred
- Competitive salary with full benefits
- Encouraged professional and personal growth through CEU and more
- Ranked as the Best Place to Work by Fortune Magazine, Becker's, and People Magazine
- Located in a tropical, diverse, metropolitan community
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
We'll be in touch soon
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.